Translate

Saturday, April 14, 2012

I have been working on several projects at the same time.  You know what that means.. lots of small things done but nothing big finished.  I tend to like to work that way though sometimes.  Sometimes you just need some projects you can finish up quickly.  Kind of like an instant gratification thing.  That is one reason I was never keen on online shopping.  I mean you find great stuff but then you have to WAIT!! OMG!

I remember as kids when my mother was raising us on her own. We really had it rough at times.  When she went grocery shopping that twice a month and actually bought those snacks.  Me and my sisters would eat them up within a few days! Woosh....Gone! So patience was never a strong point for me.  However, now I have found online shopping to be my best friend.  I no longer can drive so it is my only way to shop.  Now, that I have had to use it, I have really come to appreciate it.  I mean how many times have you gone shopping and would be going through the sale stuff finding something your really like only to have the rest of the grouping sold out or not in your size? I hate that! lol  Now if one online shop is out, I simply locate the rest at another shop! Simple!

So I made a few things.. first I made some place mats to go in our breakfast area that actually match my kitchen.  I made most of the stuff in there and so I guess it is only right the place mats needed to be made by me as well...

They turned out pretty good I think..What do you think? 

I am working on a table runner to go with them




I also made a pin cushion to decorate my sewing room.  I got the instructions from DIY Dish.  .  I am not extremely happy with how it turned out.  Not because of the design.  That part is great.  But mostly it is probably my sewing inexperience.  I plan to make another one and see if it will come out better.  I am holding off till I can get something for the head part like they suggest.  They suggest a small Christmas ornament like a glass ball or glitter one.  So I will hold off til I have make a Hobby Lobby run (which thank goodness did NOT get hit by the tornado that touched down withing only a few hundred feet from it) and pick one up! The Kwik Kar Lube shop next to it is history and nothing but a pile of cinder blocks now.  But my favorite store in the world is still there and in full working order! yeah!



I have a few more things I am also working on that are larger projects.  But will have to post them at a later date.

Hope you are having a great day! Keep quilting and sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment